Sand dough is a universal basis for the most diverse baking. Its main advantage can be called ease of preparation. Sand dough for pie with jam or berries is prepared very quickly, and the result is guaranteed to be very tasty.
Why should you love shortbread dough?
Besides the fact that the crumbly dough is prepared quickly and easily, it has a number of other advantages.
- Sand dough can be bland (for meat or vegetable fillings) and sweet. At the same time for sweet fillings, you can use both options.
- To make this kind of dough, you need a minimum of products that are almost always in the fridge.
- The dough can be prepared with additives (for example, oatmeal or nuts) - thanks to this, it will acquire the original nuances of taste.
- The combination of shortbread dough with jam is a win-win, as the crispy crust is wonderfully combined with a fruit-sweet filling.
- The dough with berries allows you to fully feel the richness of the filling, without interrupting it with the taste of the flour "shell".
Shortcake Berry Pie: Popular Recipes
So that the taste of the berry cake is light and the pastries are crunching pleasantly, the dough is best made unsweetened. For too juicy fillings (cherries, strawberries) flour base should be more dense.
- 250 g (pack) of creamy margarine;
- 3 tbsp. wheat flour;
- 2 tbsp. fresh strawberries;
- 2 tbsp. Sahara.
- Strawberries well washed with water and sprinkle with sugar.
- Margarine get out of the fridge and give it to soften slightly.
- Put it on the table and pour flour.
- Knife we cut margarine with flour to complete homogeneity of the mixture.
- Putting the mass in a ball, wrapped in cling film and shipped for 30 minutes in the fridge.
- The cooled billet is rolled out with a rolling pin into a layer up to 0.8 cm thick.
- We spread the dough in the form, we pin it with a fork, so that when baking, the air goes out.
- Top pouring berries with sugar.
- We put in the oven, heated to 150 degrees for 10 minutes. The cake is ready.
If you like unusual cakes, then try to make a sandy cake made from oatmeal and nuts with berries.
- 1.5 Art. oatmeal;
- 1.5 Art. sifted flour;
- ½ tbsp. finely chopped walnuts;
- ¾ Art. Sahara;
- ½ tbsp. powdered sugar;
- 200 g butter of home-made butter or fat store;
- ½ tsp baking soda;
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon;
- salt (to taste);
- 300 g of frozen or fresh berries (raspberries, black currants).
- Fall asleep berries with powdered sugar.
- In a wide deep bowl, mix flour, salt, soda, sugar, cinnamon and nuts.
- Soft butter knead and knead elastic dough.
- Pastry stuffed with baking paper.
- We spread 2/3 of our dough, bending the sides so that the berry juice does not leak.
- Spread on the basis of berries.
- Top do the cover of the remaining piece of dough.
- In the oven warmed to 180 degrees, we lay the cake, we note 35-40 minutes.
- Give the cake a little cool and lay it on the dish. Served with tea or milk.
Very tasty is the combination of sweet dough and sour toppings - for example, with gooseberries. If you take the berries frozen, then you need to let them thaw a little.-
- 350 grams of wheat flour;
- 1 tsp. baking powder;
- 70 g margarine;
- 2 medium eggs;
- 130 g butter;
- 150 grams of sugar;
- ½ tsp salts;
- 5 tbsp. spoons of cold water;
- 1 tbsp. gooseberry (or black currant, blackberry).
- Mixing flour with baking powder for dough, make a slide with a hollow on the table.
- We break into the flour 1 egg, add sugar, salt.
- Cut into small pieces of margarine and butter, add to the mixture.
- Mix everything until smooth.
- Pour in water, knead again.
- Cover with cling film and send to the fridge for 40 minutes.
- In the form covered with baking paper, put the dough, forming high sides.
- Grease the base of the egg.
- Lay the stuffing and put the cake in the oven heated to 180 degrees for half an hour. Berry dessert is ready.
Gourmet pastries with jam
Jam or jam cakes are usually made closed so that the filling does not flow. In this case, the "content" you can choose to your taste.
- 7 tbsp. sifted flour;
- 250 g homemade butter;
- 200 g margarine;
- 2 tbsp. sugar sand;
- 3 large eggs;
- 2 tsp. dry baking powder for dough;
- 1 pack of vanilla.
- On low heat melt fats.
- Add sugar and mix well.
- Let the mixture cool and add eggs with vanilla.
- Mix the flour thoroughly with baking powder and pour it into the liquid billet.
- Make the elastic dough, cover it with cling film and put it in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Part of the dough evenly line the bottom of the mold, distribute the jam and cover with the remaining dough.
- Bake at 180 degrees 40 minutes until golden brown appears.
Shortbread dough for a pie with jam or berries is a great way to please yourself and your family with a delicious dessert. For the preparation of the cake, intricate ingredients are not needed, because nothing should distract from the taste of the berry or fruit filling, which can be sweet and sour. Sand dough is a universal base that can advantageously emphasize the taste of any berries and preserves.