A simple Russian dish of dumplings, which is a minced meat in dough and has many analogues around the world, is a frequent guest on the everyday table. But few people know that it can be cooked not only through cooking in a saucepan, but also stewing or baking in the oven. Dumplings in pots royally or a variety of options with cheese, tomato sauce, vegetable layers - this is not only a new look at the usual dish, but no less easy-to-follow recipes.
How to cook the dumplings in the pot in the oven?
Cooking dumplings in pots can be done in 2 ways by the main methods: either you pre-scald them in boiling water on the stove, thereby bringing them to semi-ready and reducing their time in the oven; or put them in pots with plenty of water, but then the cooking time will increase significantly. Which option is better? Each of them is focused on a different result.
- If you want to get a traditional dish with soft dough and steamed meat, put frozen ready-made or just-made bread into pots: stew in a hot oven under the lid, of course, it will be at least 50-60 minutes, but such dumplings will noticeably surpass in taste those that cooked in minutes on the stove. Firstly, they will be more fragrant, and secondly, much more tender. Especially if before the end of cooking in a pot put a little sour cream.
- If you want a more original dish, with a light crust, or even in cheese batter, but you do not want to fry in butter, bake the dumplings in the oven after pre-scalding them. In this case, they will cook for no longer than 30 minutes, and the dish itself can be turned into a full-fledged casserole, complementing it with vegetable layers or even unusual sauces. Moreover, if you want the dumplings not to stick together during baking, add 10 g of butter to the water during pre-scalding: this will not affect their taste if you wash them in cold water afterwards.
Most housewives in the broth to the dumplings add only bay leaf and black pepper. But you can come up with much more interesting options! Renowned chefs advise you to pay attention to thyme and celery root, and in the spring it is very good to add fresh sorrel to the broth - 2-3 leaves will be enough.
The simplest recipe for ravioli in pots in the oven involves creating a dressing of sour cream with spices, as well as adding mushrooms, as a result of which the usual recipe only slightly changes the taste direction, but does not depart too much from the classical canons.
- Small dumplings - 400 g
- Champignons - 200 g.
- Sour cream - 170 g
- Greens - a bunch
- Carrots - 1 pc.
- Onion - 1 pc.
- Salt - to taste
- Dumplings are boiled in boiling water, but time is kept less than before full readiness: for small ones, this is 4-5 minutes, for large ones - 6 minutes. They are shifted to a separate bowl, where they are allowed to cool down, and then distributed into pots.
- Frozen champignons are chopped finely, salted, carrots and onions are chopped. Vegetables are poured into a frying pan, stewed for 5-6 minutes, and then laid out on dumplings.
- Sour cream with spices is whipped in a separate container, if necessary, and the resulting casserole is poured over it. Crushed greens crumble on top.
- The pots are covered with lids and cleaned in a hot (170 degrees) oven for 25-30 minutes.
- If you have taken ceramic containers that do not have lids, you can tighten them with foil, or make "lids" of dough. To do this, the flour and water are combined in such a proportion to make an elastic, non-sticky lump. It needs to be rolled out, cut circles of a larger diameter than the neck of the pots, cut off the air outlet from the containers. At the end of cooking the dough will be easy to remove.
- Dumplings are boiled in boiling salted water for 5-6 minutes. and dumped into a colander. The broth can not be drained - it will be needed in the future: just put it aside to cool it.
- On the other hob, a frying pan is heated up, onto which butter is laid, and dumplings devoid of moisture fall into it. Fry them on medium heat for 1-2 minutes, only to give a light golden crust. If you like brown tint, you can increase the time to 4 minutes, but be sure to turn the dumplings frequently in the process.
- In another frying pan, onion is sauteed in hot olive oil and finely chopped mushrooms are fried. It takes 1-1.5 minutes.
- Potatoes cut into thin plastics are laid out in pots on the bottom layer, dumplings and onion-mushroom zazharki are spread from above. The dish is poured with the remaining broth, the pots are covered with lids, sent to the hot (190 degrees) oven.
- While the dumplings are languishing, the cheese is passed through a grater, whipped cream with spices and whipped in a bowl. In 20 minutes. A creamy filling is placed in each pot, and cheese is scattered on top. The oven temperature drops to 175 degrees, the pots close again, and within 30-35 minutes. the dish is brought to readiness.
- The ideal "companions" for cooked in the oven dumplings in pots will be green onions, scattered on the surface of the dish, as well as cucumber salad. Some cooks serve this dish with black bread, grated with fresh garlic.
Dumplings, baked with sour cream, cheese, tomatoes and bell peppers
And the most delicious dumplings in the oven are obtained by adding a variety of vegetables to them: large, juicy tomatoes, as well as paprika of any color are especially well combined with them. You can make a kind of "traffic light" in the pot, and be sure to fill it with cream and cheese dressing. Some cooks advise here to add a little white semi-sweet wine - this unusual accent will turn a familiar dish into a festive one. And for lovers of more tender choices, cheese can be taken from cottage cheese: then the casserole will not have a firm crust, but it will turn out very tender. The volume of each ingredient below is indicated for 4 pots.
- Dumplings - 600 g
- Sour cream fat - 300 g
- Soft cheese "Russian" - 250 g
- Bulgarian pepper (different colors) - 2 pcs.
- Large tomatoes - 3 pcs.
- White wine (optional) - 30 ml
- Bay leaf - 2 pcs.
- Saffron - 1 tsp
- Basil - to taste
- Butter - 8 g
- Dumplings are put in boiling water after 2 minutes. Bay leaf and butter go down there. The total cooking time is 5-6 minutes, then the dumplings are caught with a slotted spoon and laid out in batch pots.
- Bulgarian pepper is cut into small cubes, tomatoes are scalded with boiling water, skin is removed from them, and the pulp is crushed in a mortar or with a regular fork: you need to get a uniform consistency. Basil is poured here, tomatoes are mixed with peppers.
- Sour cream and white wine are whipped in a deep container, and grated cheese and saffron are gradually added there.
- In the pots on the dumplings first laid out the vegetable mixture, then cream and cheese filling. The dish is retracted in the oven, heated to 180 degrees (160 degrees with additional convection), the pots must be covered with lids. The timer is set for 35 minutes, but varies in power cabinet oven.
Cooking dumplings in pots in the oven is a good way to add variety to a familiar dish, even if you want to get the same steamed meat and dough without a hint of a crust. And dumplings baked under cheese can be an excellent substitute for fried dumplings, but their caloric content will be an order of magnitude lower, as well as the load on the body. And even a simple cooking of ravioli in the oven will allow you to enjoy a more fragrant and thick broth than on the stove.