"Incomparable" - this is translated from the Arabic word "marjoram". The homeland of this plant is Asia Minor and the Mediterranean. Used it both for treatment and as an aphrodisiac. But as a spice, he became known in Central Europe only from the XVI century.
Marjoram is a versatile spice that can be added everywhere. In home cooking, you can use the leaves, buds in a fresh, toasted and dried form. Perfectly approaches meat, soups, salads, giving them soby taste. Seasoning improves various pickles: tomatoes, ogurtsy, squash, zucchini.
In our country, the most popular marjoram in Caucasian cuisine, it is ideal for fatty foods, while possessing the property to facilitate digestion. You can also add spice to roast pork, ham, duck and goose. Another advantage of the majorn is the combination with vegetable dishes - legumes, cabbage and potatoes, as well as eggplants and zucchini. Marjoram is an excellent substitute for oregano. Pizza, spaghetti and sauces with marjoram are very fragrant. Mioran should not be abused.
If you want to start collecting and drying the seasoning yourself, store the marjoram in a sealed package, and dry it only in the shade. And another useful rule: the flavor of marjoram is unstable, so it should be added to any dish almost before serving.
The benefits of marjoram
- The composition of marjoram includes a large number of beneficial vitamins, micro-and macro. So: vitamins A, B, C, E, K, folivaia acid, fiber, potassium, calcium, magnesium, sodium, phophor, iron, manganese, copper, selenium and zinc.
- Marjoram is indicated for diabetics, for kidney, liver, gallbladder disease, as well as for people who have suffered a heart attack. Marjoram has a softening and warming effect, improves digestion and the menstrual cycle.
- Nervous disorders, colds, rheumatism and sprains - all this treats marjoram.
- 100 grams of marjoram contains 271 kcal, which means that marjoram will not become an enemy for your waist.
Do not consume large quantities of marjoram pregnant and all the rest. Abuse of distress will lead to headaches and worsening of mood.-
See also:How to grow marjoram from seed?
Recipes with marjoram
Spicy rice with meatballs- Iranian dish
- Peel and chop 2 onions into rings, fry in oil until golden brown. Add 5 glasses of hot water, 3 tablespoons of crushed peas, salt and pepper. Cook all this over low heat for 10 minutes. Next, wash one glass of lengthy rice and send to the peas for another 20 minutes.
- Next, peel and chop 2 onions, add half a kilo of minced meat, salt and pepper to taste, and then mix everything.
- From the finished stuffing, make balls and place in a saucepan with rice, sprinkle with chopped herbs: parsley, mint, coriander, onion. Leave for 20 minutes.
- In the almost finished dish pour out the juice of one lime, add 3 tablespoons of sugar, marjoram. Stir well and sweat for a few more minutes.
Omelet with tuna and marjoram
A simple and tasteful dish that can be an excellent breakfast, lunch or dinner on your table.
- 190 g canned tuna mash with a fork.
- Emmental cheese, in the amount of 70 g cut into small cubes.
- Beat 6 eggs with a fork, add tuna and cheese. Salt and pepper to taste, mix well
- Finely chop the marjoram and add to the mixture.
- Pour the egg mixture on the melted butter and cook the omelet as usual. After that, cover and simmer for another 3 minutes over low heat. After a complete roast and roast on both sides you can start the meal!
Marjoram is incomparable - a real and well-deserved name is necessary to magnify this Mediterranean guest, who gives all the dishes, without exception, great taste, aroma and, of course, zest. This is - time. Nutritionists say: "A handful of marjoram will help your stomach cope with kebabs, pilaf and other fat content" - this is two. In general, each of us will have his own "three", "four" and "five". In order to fall in love with marjoram, it is not necessary to apply forces. You will give your heart to this herb as soon as you try your first course with its “participation”. Enjoy your dating!