If you decide to pamper your household with a delicious and tender dessert, then try making jelly. The process of its preparation does not take you much time, and all the necessary ingredients can be found in the refrigerator. In addition, jelly is considered a very useful product containing a large amount of nutrients. How to make jelly at home?
We have selected for you some simple recipes for making a delicious jelly dessert.
What you need to know about cooking jelly at home?
To make the jelly not only tasty, but also useful, you need to take into account such nuances when preparing it:
- if you are preparing jelly for small children, then use only natural products;
- The main component of jelly is gelatin - it must be soaked beforehand;
- jelly can be poured into special molds or use any dishes, such as glasses or glasses;
- if you are preparing a multilayer jelly, then each subsequent layer is poured when the previous one thickens;
- You can add a variety of fruits and berries to jelly, you can also use honey, yogurt, jam, cottage cheese and milk.
How to make gelatin jelly: a classic recipe
As already mentioned, most often jelly is prepared using gelatin, since it is he who contributes to preserving the shape and freezing of the dessert. In addition, with gelatin jelly is prepared much faster and easier. We offer you a recipe for delicious jelly with fruit.
- gelatin - 3 tbsp. l .;
- water - 0.5 l;
- fruits and berries (at your discretion);
- sugar - 100 g
- Fruits and berries should be washed and cleaned. For example, if you take an apple or a pear, then you need to peel, and in a cherry - remove the bones.
- Now the fruit must be cut into small portions.
- Prepare the syrup: in a separate container, heat the water and dissolve the sugar in it, and then continue to cook over low heat.
- Add some of the fruit and berries to the syrup and boil a little (3-5 minutes), then remove from the heat and leave to cool.
- We take special molds for jelly (or glasses) and lay out the remaining fruits and berries.
- Gelatin must be pre-soaked, so that it is swollen, and then put in a small saucepan and put on fire. Wait until it is completely dissolved. It is important to ensure that the gelatin does not boil, because its properties in this case are lost.
- The dissolved gelatin must be carefully added to the syrup and mix well.
- Syrup with gelatin is poured into molds and sent to the refrigerator.
- As soon as the jelly thickens, it can be served.
Sour Cream Jelly Recipe
- sour cream - 1 l;
- gelatin - 20 g;
- fruits and berries (your choice);
- sugar - 100 g
- Gelatin, previously swollen, must be heated in a saucepan over low heat or in a microwave oven.
- Sour cream with sugar should be whipped to a homogeneous mass blender.
- Continuing to whip, add the gelatin in the sour cream. Mix everything well.
- Fruit must be washed, peeled and finely chopped, add to sour cream and mix.
- The resulting mixture is poured into molds and sent to the refrigerator until it thickens.
How to make jelly from jam?
- 150 g strawberry jam;
- 1 tbsp. water;
- 15 g of gelatin.
- Gelatin needs to be filled in with cold water and to wait until it swells.
- Strawberry berries should be removed from the jam, and water should be poured into the syrup and mixed.
- Boil the syrup over low heat, slowly adding gelatin.
- When the gelatin is dissolved, remove the pan from the heat.
- We spread the strawberries on the bottom of the molds and pour the syrup with gelatin.
- When the syrup has cooled, jelly cups should be placed in the refrigerator.
The recipe for making multi-colored jelly with fruit
- gelatin - 40 g;
- powdered sugar - 1 tbsp .;
- 3 oranges;
- 6 Kiwis;
- 2 bananas;
- creamy yogurt - 250 ml.
- Peel the oranges and squeeze out the juice using a juicer.
- Cut orange peel into small pieces and mix with yogurt.
- We clean the kiwi, banana and whip with a blender (separately) until it turns into a slurry.
- Gelatin is dissolved in water, as in previous recipes.
- Pour gelatin into yoghurt and mix. The resulting mixture is poured into molds, filling only a fourth of them, and sent to the refrigerator.
- As soon as the base hardens, add kiwi, pre-mixed with gelatin, on top, and again put in the refrigerator.
- In this way we make two more layers: orange and banana. The main thing is to wait until the previous layer hardens.
You can arrange the layers in any order, add other fruits, or put different berries between different types of jelly. Top jelly can be sprinkled with nuts or decorate with fruit.-
Jelly at home: photo
There are a lot of ways to make jelly at home. It is made from cottage cheese and sour cream, jam and fruit juice. This list is endless. Experiment, add new ingredients, invent original jelly forms - and your dessert will be a success among guests and households. Enjoy your meal!