To prepare mushrooms for the winter, it is not necessary to preserve them, pickle. You can dry them. But it must be done correctly, to know how to dry them properly.
Dried mushrooms made at home in the fall, after hiking in the woods, will free you from spending on mushrooms in the winter.
Preparation of mushrooms for drying
For drying, you must be absolutely sure that all the mushrooms collected in the forest are edible! It is best to dry the mushrooms not together, but each variety separately: chanterelles with chanterelles, honey agarics, and honey agarics, etc. Consider the process of drying white mushrooms.
- Carefully sort the mushrooms before drying. Remove damaged, old, rotten mushrooms.
- Clean the white mushrooms thoroughly with a rag. It is better to refuse to wash with water, as this will complicate the drying process. In addition, thereby reducing the quality of dried mushrooms. After all, they must first dry out of water. And during this, their flavor will be lost and the color will change (white mushrooms will darken).
- Peeled mushrooms are sorted and sorted by quality and size. In white mushrooms cut the lower part of the leg.
- The knife must be taken non-metallic, otherwise the white mushrooms will darken.
- Next, white mushrooms are cut lengthwise into thin pieces (not more than 1.5 cm thick).
- Mushrooms ready for drying. It now remains to dry them. For this there is not one way.
Drying of white mushrooms in the open sunny place
Chopped, ready-to-dry porcini mushrooms are strung with a needle on a string. Hang them on the open balcony or on the street.
It is important that during the drying period of the mushrooms the weather was sunny. Cold and lack of sun - a bad indicator for drying.
Some people dry the mushrooms on a cloth or on paper. However, it is cold and damp at night, so mushrooms should be put in a dry warm room for the night as soon as the sun goes down. Also make sure that the fabric is not wet, so that it does not rain suddenly.
In this way, the mushrooms are dried from one to two weeks.
Drying white mushrooms in the oven
Very easy way. Prepared white mushrooms spread on a baking sheet and placed in a preheated to 60-70 ° C oven. The oven door must be left ajar.-
Drying of white mushrooms over a hot stove
Prepare the mushrooms as for drying in the air - strung on strings. Hang over the included plate.
Drying of white mushrooms using electric driers
There are special devices for drying not only mushrooms, but also vegetables and fruits. Such devices are very familiar to vegetarians. It is very convenient to dry mushrooms in it. This is done according to the instructions for operating the device.
That's all The most common methods of drying white mushrooms at home. Choose to your taste!
It is only important not to overdry and dry the mushrooms to the desired state. It comes with experience. But if you are afraid that you have not dried the mushrooms, just hang them in a dry dark place, which is also well ventilated. Keep mushrooms like this until it’s time for you.
Another way to store mushrooms is in gauze bags. The room should also be well ventilated. It is also advisable to hang the bags.
Remember also that dried mushrooms can absorb the sharp smell of food in the neighborhood (for example, garlic).
Good luck to you in the storage of dried porcini mushrooms and their storage!