A pumpkin in itself is good because it does not spoil from a long lying position, and its tastes are improved. Therefore, boldly stock up in the fall pumpkin. Put it in a cool place and enjoy the whole winter with its unique taste. And the most delicious and popular pumpkin dishes are cereals. Their diversity depends on your tastes.
For those who love pumpkin in its pure form, we advise you to cook an original diet porridge. A great recipe for fasting days.
- Pumpkin - 300 g
- Milk - ½ cup
- Honey - 1ch.
- Pour the milk into a small saucepan, set on fire. Pumpkin washed, cleaned and cut the pulp into cubes. When the milk boils, salt it, add the pumpkin. Cook the porridge over low heat, stirring occasionally. After 5 minutes, put 1 teaspoon of honey and half a teaspoon of cinnamon.
- As soon as the pumpkin fibers are soft, the dish is ready.
Pumpkin porridge with rice
A delicate combination of rice and pumpkin successfully completes the juicy fruit.
- Slices of pumpkin - 700 g
- Milk - 4 tbsp.
- Rice - 1st.
- Butter - 50 g
- Fruits to choose from: tangerines, apples, oranges
- Pumpkin cut into pieces, clean the seeds, remove the peel. Wash the pumpkin in warm water and cut into cubes. Fill the pumpkin 1.5 tbsp. milk and cook until softened. Cool the pumpkin and rub it through a sieve.
- Rice washed 3-4 times in cold water and pour milk. After 10 minutes, add a pumpkin and a piece of butter to the rice, sugar and salt to taste. Bring the porridge to a boil and turn it off. Cover the pot with a lid and hold for 10-15 minutes to allow the rice to steam out.
- When serving, decorate the porridge with fruit slices.
Millet porridge with pumpkin
Millet porridge with pumpkin is a traditional dish, you can diversify it with candied fruits, raisins and different berries.-
- Pumpkin -200 g
- Millet - 100 g
- Milk - 500 ml
- Candied - 50 g
- Put boiled pieces of pumpkin into boiling milk and cook for 15 minutes.
- Then put the washed millet, mix porridge, cook for another 10 minutes. Put candied fruits 2 minutes until cooked, salt the porridge at the very end.
When cooking pumpkin porridge, you definitely need to keep in mind that pumpkin is the winner among vegetables in iron content. In addition to iron, it also contains salts of potassium, calcium, magnesium, sugar, carotene, protein, fiber, vitamins B, C, E, D, PP, as well as such rare vitamin T, which affects the metabolic processes in the body.
Since the pulp of a pumpkin is considered a light food, doctors advise to use it for those who have high acidity in the stomach. This in turn stimulates the rapid healing of the ulcer.
- Pumpkin Slimming Dishes
- How to bake a pumpkin?
- How to cook a delicious porridge?
- How to cook millet porridge with milk?
- How to properly and tasty cook barley porridge