Plov is a fairly simple and favorite dish of Uzbek cuisine. There are many options for its preparation. Each hostess should know how to cook crumbly pilaf, and learn how to do it, because only such is considered "real". Classic pilaf is cooked with rice and lamb in a cauldron, but it is possible to avoid cooking "mashed" in our reality.
Secrets of cooking crumbly pilaf
This pilaf should be fragrant, tasty and crumbly. The following factors affect these parameters:
- rice variety;
- type of meat;
- temperature during cooking pilaf.
Which rice is ideal for pilaf?
Rice is the basis of pilau. Knowing which grain is better, you will know how to make crumby pilaf. Round and long grain varieties are suitable for it: Devzira, Basmati, Jasmine.
It is allowed to use steamed species. Their only difference from classic rice grains is a less saturated taste. Do not pay attention to the cost of cereals. Solid rice at low prices is just as good for pilaf as elite species.
How to handle rice?
In addition to the variety of grains, the way they are processed is of great importance. For pilaf rice is prepared as follows:
- They are sifted and washed thoroughly until the water flowing from the grains becomes completely transparent.
- Rice is poured with plenty of warm water.
- In the process of cooking rice pilaf spread on meat with onions and carrots, gently leveling it.
- Slowly along the side of the cauldron, water is poured into the pilaf. It should be higher than the grain level by 1.5-2 cm.
- Further, the fire on the stove is added to the maximum. It is allowed to cover the cauldron with a lid, but only for 1 minute, so that the water boils faster and the oil floats to the top.
- During the subsequent cooking, when the water evaporates, the oil slowly sinks down, soaking and enveloping every grain of rice.
In the process of cooking nothing can not be mixed. The readiness of rice is checked as follows: from the very edge, the grains are gently pushed aside and the water is looked at. It should not be. Try grains - they should not crunch.
When everything goes according to plan and the remaining water is about to evaporate, proceed to the next stage of rice preparation:
- Make the burner flame medium-low.
- Wait until the water evaporates completely, and immediately reduce the heat to the lowest possible level.
- Now close the cauldron with a lid as tightly as possible.
- Open in 20-25 minutes, mix everything well - ready.
Now you know how to make pilaf so that the rice is crumbly. If you follow the instructions methodically, it will be like that.
Which meat is better to use for pilaf?
The best meat for real pilaf is lamb. And use the best meat adults. In addition to the pulp, it is desirable to take several parts of the back with ribs. Bones sprinkle with salt and let stand for about 15 minutes. The pulp is cut into slices of approximately 1.5 cm.
Today, there are plenty of ways to concoct an equally tasty alternative, without lamb, dish. From the recipes below you will learn how to make crumby pilaf from pork, chicken, as well as delicious pilaf in a slow cooker.-
Real pork with pork
Such fragrant crumbly pilaf will decorate your table.
- 700 g pork neck with a small amount of fat;
- 600 grams of rice;
- 150 ml of vegetable or olive oil;
- 2 onions;
- 2 carrots;
- 2 heads of garlic;
- salt, black pepper to taste;
- 1 pinch of jeera.
- Make the burner flame as strong as possible. Heat oil in a cauldron - a barely noticeable smoke should emanate from it.
- First, fry the onions, wait until it acquires a golden, rich color.
- Lay out the meat.
- Spread the carrots over the meat. Wait 2-3 minutes and mix gently.
- Fry for 10-15 minutes.
- Reduce the heat of the burner to medium and add cumin.
- Pour water so that it is 1.5-2 cm above the ingredients.
- Put the garlic in whole heads.
- When the mixture boils, reduce the heat and simmer for 40 minutes. Do not close the cauldron with a lid.
- Then make the flame as strong as possible and salt the pilaf.
- Add rice, smooth it, wait about half an hour, mix everything up and spread on a big beautiful dish.
Crumbly chicken pilaf
How to cook crumbly rice with chicken is a question that interests every hostess vividly, because most often the final looks more like a porridge with meat. But, if you strictly follow the cooking recipe, it’s easy to make a real crispy chicken pilaf.
- 1 tbsp. rice for pilaf;
- 400 g chicken fillet;
- 2 onions;
- 2 large carrots (red, ripe specimens are best suited);
- 1 large head of garlic;
- 1 tbsp. water;
- 3 tbsp. l olive oil;
- 1 tbsp. l fine salt;
- 4 g of spirits.
- In a bowl, heat the butter and fry the onion until golden brown.
- Add chicken fillet, fry for 5 minutes (the fire should be strong).
- Put the vegetables: garlic, carrot, zira. Fry the fire, still 7 minutes.
- Put rice on top, pour water.
- Then cook the pilaf on medium heat until the water is completely evaporated.
Delicious pilaf from the multicooker
If you do not know yet how to cook crumby pilaf in a slow cooker, this recipe will definitely come in handy.
- 500 grams of meat (pork, chicken, beef, veal or lamb);
- 1 hard rice multi-glass;
- 1 tbsp. water;
- 3 tbsp. l olive or vegetable oil;
- 1 onion;
- 1 large carrot;
- 1 tsp. salts;
- 1 tsp. zira.
- Pour oil into the capacity of the multicooker, put the meat in and fry it, turning on the function "Frying" or "Baking". After 10 minutes, add the vegetables.
- Roast another 10 minutes, then add rice grains. Constantly stirring, fry all the ingredients for 10-13 minutes.
- Turn on the option "Quenching" or "Pilaf", pour water into a bowl, add spices and salt and cook for about 40 minutes.
As you can see, it is not so difficult to make pilaf crumbly. The main thing is to know some subtleties, to pay enough attention to each stage of the creation of the dish. It is equally important to withstand the "right" time and adequate temperature control. And your pilaf will be no worse than its Uzbek type.