Mollusks are the product that is able to add new taste and piquancy to the everyday taste of pilau, soup or even potatoes. The most popular clams are bivalve mussels. They gained popularity because of the very tasty and healthy meat, which contains more than 30 amino acids and trace elements.
Also, the meat of these seafood is rich in vitamins B, E and D, and they contain much more protein than beef and fish. It is for this reason that eating these seafood is not only tasty, but also very useful! But not everyone knows how to cook mussels.
The benefits and harms of mussels
- Scientists have shown that the use of these seafood is not only high in their protein content, but also in the vitamins and mineral salts that make up their composition. If a person regularly consumes shellfish, his metabolism will improve, immunity will rise.
- Still mussels are an excellent prophylactic against arthritis, after all, mussels meat contains substances that promote the excretion of toxins from the body and stimulate the blood circulation process.
- Like many seafood, mussels have a positive effect on the thyroid gland and thus reduce the risk of nervous disorders.
- But along with the use of food, there are also contraindications to the use of these seafood. The truth of such contraindications is only 2 - individual intolerance of mollusks and the revealed bleeding disorder. But even if you are absolutely healthy, do not abuse these seafood, because it can lead to adverse effects.
- To clear the mussels from the shells, it is necessary to conduct their heat treatment - the mollusks should be boiled in a large amount of water for about 2 minutes. Then boiled seafood should be dipped in cold water, and then - again boil briefly in boiling water. This method of cooking seafood allows you to save all the vitamins and minerals, and also helps to relieve the mussels from the large amount of toxic substances contained in them.
- By heat treatment, mussel shells are opened, and it is very easy to extract meat from them with a knife.
- The cooking process is also not complicated. fresh frozen clams. They should be poured into a saucepan with cold, pre-salted water, and then wait until the water boils and foams.
- Cooking mussels for a long time is strictly prohibited., their meat can simply become rubbery.
Eating mollusks is also possible freshly brewed, but most often they make salad, pate or some other dish.-
Plain cooked mussel salad
it An example of a simple and delicious salad with mussels.
- mussels - 400 g
- fresh tomatoes - 4 pcs.
- onion - 2 pcs.
- olives - 10 pcs.
- fresh parsley - to taste
- olive oil - to taste
- lemon juice
- salt, pepper - to taste
Mussels meat should be mixed with pre-sliced tomatoes and onions, sprinkle the whole with finely chopped parsley and sliced olives on top. Salad dressing consists of a mixture of lemon juice and olive oil with pepper and salt to taste.
Mussels are a very tasty product, it's not so difficult to cook it., and you can sometimes indulge loved ones and relatives with various dishes that include these seafood in their composition. But do not forget to check the freshness of the mollusks before buying to avoid serious food poisoning and remember that their abuse also promises the human body a lot of trouble.
Especially for womeninahomeoffice.com.ru - Polina