Any hostess knows that soup is not the most beloved and long-awaited dish on the table for children, and sometimes for her husband. And here can come to the aid of a simple recipe from the Finnish cuisine, which is famous for its delicious fish dishes.
Lohikaytto is a creamy salmon soup, characterized by richness, nourishment, appetizing and alluring look. This first dish will not leave anyone indifferent in your house, and eulogies and requests for supplementation will flow like a river.
How to cook classic Finnish soup with salmon?
The first and most important rule: you should always cook with love! This ingredient will allow any food to be bright, rich and very tasty.
In a classic version, cream soup with salmon requires the following components for its preparation, which we divide into the ones needed for the broth and are necessary for refueling.
For broth, you will need:
- Head, salmon ridges, salmon can be - about 1 kg;
- Water - 2 l;
- Onions (onion) - 1 pc .;
- Salt - 1.5 tsp;
- Pepper - 4-5 pcs .;
- Parsley, celery - to taste.
In order to succeed refueling, you need to take:
- Fish fillet (salmon or salmon) - 300 g;
- Cream - 200 ml;
- Starch - 1 tbsp. l;
- Potatoes - approximately 4 pcs .;
- Carrots - 1 pc. (large);
- Leek - 1 pc.
From this amount of products you will get 6-8 servings of soup, which you will cook in about 60 minutes. This tasty dish can be served both for dinner and for dinner. Those who try to keep track of their food and lead a healthy lifestyle also love it.
Step-by-step recipe with a photo will help you not to make a single mistake and eventually get a real Finnish fish soup.-
- The first thing you need to do is boil the broth. To do this, rinse the fish thoroughly, usually take a ridge and head, or a piece located near the head. After we put everything in a saucepan and pour clean water.
- Watch what is happening in the pan. After the broth begins to boil, remove the foam gathered from above, then add onions, parsley and spices: salt, pepper.
- While the broth is boiled, it usually takes 15-20 minutes (it all depends on the size of the pieces of fish), you process and cut vegetables, salmon fillet (salmon).
- Potatoes, carrots and fish cut into cubes. Carrots for taste and aesthetics cut much smaller.
- By this time the broth should already have boiled, you should filter it.
- Now we add harvested vegetables to the future Finnish creamy salmon soup.
- The next step is to cut leeks, we need only a white stem and a little start of the green part.
- Since the addition of potatoes and carrots should take about 10 minutes to cook. After that, put onion and sliced fish fillet in the pan.
- Next, slowly pour 20% cream (150 ml) into the pan, stir the soup. Then we wait for it to boil over a small fire and after another 7 minutes we boil down. Turn off.
- The final step will require you to add 1 tbsp to the remaining cream (50 ml). l starch. The resulting mixture is added to the soup, stirring. And now we let our attractive dish stand for 5 minutes.
- Serve a creamy soup with salmon, garnished with fresh herbs, such as dill, and rye bread. Another advantage of this healthy dish will be the fact that the next day it does not lose its taste.
Original notes in Lohikateto recipe: do not be afraid to experiment
Finnish cream soup with salmon is so distinctive and self-sufficient that it is difficult to modify it so as not to spoil it. Nevertheless, the notes of originality can still be added, while you will achieve a new taste, leaving the classic simplicity and recognizable taste of lohikatetto.
Today, resourceful housewives use flour instead of starch, as in the classic recipe. That is, in step 9, the cream is mixed with flour, and here it is important to mix everything thoroughly so that there are no lumps. And then the resulting mix is added to the cooking soup.
Also, some cooks, in order to give the dish a high calorie content, and, consequently, the satiety, do not immediately send the vegetables to boil in a saucepan, but before they are fried in a pan in butter.
Another departure from the original recipe of the Finnish soup is the addition of such an ingredient as wine to the recipe. If you also decide to make your dish winter, tart and warming, then at "step 9", when you lay out the fish and leek, add 100 ml of wine. The best choice in this case will be white dry, but no one limits you, and you can spend your culinary studies and try another option.
Lohikaytto - Finnish cream soup with salmon is light and easy to prepare, with remarkable taste, nutritional and healthy properties. Now you know how to make the soup on your table become attractive and one of the most favorite dishes. Prepare both classic Finnish soup, and do not be afraid to experiment and play with flavors. Enjoy your meal!