Inflammations in the orifices of the sebaceous glands can accompany not only the puberty period, when hormonal alteration of the organism occurs in both sexes — acne appears regardless of age, and can hardly be welcome guests. As soon as this problem arises, you have to look for an emergency way to solve it. What do pharmacies offer? What kind of ointment for acne on the face of the most effective and safe?
One of the most budget funds used by our mothers and grandmothers. Zinc, which forms its basis, performs several functions at once: it regulates the activity of the sebaceous glands, reducing their activity, acts as an antiseptic, dries the treated area, relieves irritation and stops the inflammatory process, starts regeneration. It is noteworthy that zinc-based products can have a positive effect on skin elasticity. Vaseline is present in the composition of zinc ointment, which reduces the drying effect, so the drug can be used even on dry and sensitive skin.
- The area to be treated must be cleaned before using the ointment, the product should be applied with a very thin layer over a large area or more densely - locally. The duration of exposure is not limited: it is even allowed to leave the product overnight. For acne, zinc ointment can be used up to 5-6 times per day.
It should be noted that the skin treated with this tool, you can not impose makeup, so the therapy is carried out at home, at a time when you do not need to go anywhere. At the same time, products rich in copper should be excluded from the diet, since this element is a natural zinc antagonist. Combining the use of zinc ointment with other anti-acne drugs is undesirable in order to avoid the conflict of chemical compounds.
The drug is based on salicylic acid, which possesses not only common antiseptic properties, but also is capable of destroying directly the bacterium that causes acne. And with him, as you know, to deal with more difficult than with ordinary acne. However, there is a significant drawback: a powerful antibacterial effect leads to the fact that salicylic acid kills and beneficial microorganisms on the skin, so the owners of sensitive and dry skin are recommended to take 2% of the drug. The maximum concentration is 10%.
- The simple use of salicylic ointment for acne is a local application to a single thick inflammation. The tool is left on the skin at night, in the morning they remove what is not absorbed.
- If a large area is affected, the ointment is applied tightly over a large area and covered with gauze, fixing it with a plaster. After 6-8 hours, it is removed with warm water.
- Salicylic ointment can be mixed with zinc, if the drug has a 2% concentration. They are combined in equal quantities and distributed in a thin layer over the affected areas overnight. The procedure is repeated every other day until complete elimination of inflammation.
Separately, it must be said that for single sudden acne one can use not ointment, but acid with a concentration from 1% to 10%: with a cotton pad dipped in it, lubricate the inflammation several times. During the day it turns into a crust, which disappears. It is impossible to do this on a large area, since the skin will be overdried.
It is produced not only in the form of ointment, but also as a linear. The active substance has a concentration of from 1% to 10%, among the components are also castor oil and water. Syntomycin, by its nature, is an antibiotic that affects the synthesis of proteins in microorganisms, thereby preventing their growth and development. It shows the greatest efficiency in relation to streptococci and staphylococci, which can act as provocateurs for acne and acne. For simple acne synthomycin ointment does not make sense to use - you can pick up a simpler and safer drug.
- Apply the ointment to the face with a thick layer, and the skin should be well cleaned before. It is possible to process with its help both large areas and small areas-points. The duration of exposure is not limited.
- As with any antibiotic for external use, use of syntomycin ointment is recommended for 3-4 days, after which the course is interrupted. Otherwise, addiction occurs, and allergic skin reactions are also possible.
- Other drugs for acne sintomitsinovaya ointment is not the safest: it is prohibited during pregnancy and lactation, children, with eczema, psoriasis, fungal infections, renal and hepatic failure, poor blood formation in the bone marrow.
Of course, the list of acne ointment on the face may be much longer, but it is impossible to list all the existing combined drugs, and among the budget pharmacy drugs, only the drugs discussed above have shown themselves the best. Whether they will suit you is not certain, but given the low cost and the minimum number of contraindications, the error will not be too offensive.