Gray is a versatile and fashionable color at all times. This is an intermediate color between two opposites - white and black. Gray color fits all, regardless of body size, facial features and age. It has many shades: gray-pink, gray-blue, gray-green, steel, coal, etc.
Gray is a great alternative to dark black. Gray is neutral, a little cold - it does not express emotions, so it is considered to be a classic. Gray clothes will perfectly emphasize the seriousness and ease of a person; therefore, it is recommended to wear them for negotiations or interviews, but for a date it is better to refrain from her, as she is asexual.
Gray: a bit of history
For the first time, gray became fashionable in France, because Marie-Antoinette's hair was ashen gray. The color of her hair was used as a pattern in textile factories to create fashionable clothes. If you look at the pictures of that era, you can see gorgeous ladies dressed in gray dresses.
Gray came into fashion in the 19th century, emphasizing elegance and romance. He quickly broke into fashion and still does not give up their positions. In the 20th century, fashion designers found out that the gray color is really practical and strict, so they began to use it for sewing uniforms. He became a real “stick-wit” for creating non-marking and strict office suits for both men and women.
Gray is one of the great colors of the great Coco Chanel.. Her exquisite and trendy gray costumes with black trim are still popular and every year such costumes can be seen in the collections of leading fashion designers. Christian Dior asked the question - what color does gray match with that gray is combined with all shades of pink.
What color does gray in clothes match?
Gray goes well with many colors in clothes, but there are the most winning options. Gray doesn’t blend well with white and black because it looks too boring.
- Gray and yellow- perfect color combination. The yellow color will refresh the dull gray, and the kit will become interesting.
- Gray and pink - Another winning combination of colors. Pink color can be any shades.
- Gray and blue- This unobtrusive combination that is perfect for a business suit. Blue color will adjust to the working mode and calm the nervous system.
- Gray and brown- This combination of colors is called European spice. In this case, a win-win option will be a combination with shades of brown: chocolate, beige, mustard, etc.
- Gray and purple- This is a very bold and original combination of colors that can be used for a variety of sets.
- Gray and turquoise- bright and interesting combination of colors.
- Gray and red - An interesting combination that will suit almost any people.
What color is gray combined with in the interior?
In addition to clothing, gray is used in the interior. It seems to be a universal color, but it also needs to be correctly combined so that the room does not seem boring and dull. Gray color has the ability to reflect colors in the interior.
When choosing a gray color, pay attention to its shades. Gray color, as a rule, is used for interior decoration in the style of minimalism. It goes well with woody shades, as well as with pastel tones: caramel, beige, raspberry, purple, turquoise, coffee with milk, pink, etc.
What color is gray in makeup?
- If you believe makeup artists, gray in makeup should be used carefully, as it does not fit every girl. Gray in make-up is ideal for girls with olive, golden and yellow skin. Owners of such skin colors are recommended to use charcoal and dark gray shades of gray.
- Women with a light skin tone can also use gray in make-up, but you need to do it carefully, choosing light and soft shades of gray. To create the perfect makeup with gray color, it is recommended to use creamy shadows.
- Gray in make-up is combined with pink, turquoise, beige and terracotta shades. It helps to make the eyes brighter and more expressive, and with proper application and skillful combination makes the eyes visually larger.
To do makeup in the style of "smokyeyes", you need to combine rich and dark shades of gray. With this make-up do not overdo it with lipstick, because you need to allocate one thing - either eyes or lips.
Gray color goes well with almost all colors,the main thing is not to overdo it. It fits all, without exception, so it is often used to create a basic wardrobe and for neutral rooms.