Water manicure - a new direction in nail art. This technique of nail decoration is quite simple, but at the same time requires certain skills. For water design, you do not need special devices, but you will need time and patience. Not every girl gets perfect from the 1st time to perform such a design, but over time you will do it quickly and beautifully.
Water Manicure: photos and rules of execution
It is very important in this type of design a beautiful combination of colors. Water manicure creates a transition from the 1st shade to another. It is not too sharp, but not smooth, as in ombre. This design looks fantastic and exciting, but most importantly, to create beautiful patterns, you do not need to be able to draw well. In order to make an aqua-manicure you have the right and beautiful, you should follow a few simple rules.
The water that you will use in the design process should not be too warm or cold. On average, the temperature is recommended about 20-25 degrees.
Before performing aqua design it is necessary to protect the skin around the nail from the varnish. It is usually advised to use scotch tape that is attached around the nail, but this is not always convenient. When applying it, the skin is still stained, so it’s better to use some kind of fat cream or petroleum jelly. The cream should be applied to the skin, which is near the nail, but the nail plates themselves should not be affected. If the product accidentally gets on them, immediately treat the surface with ordinary medical alcohol or a varnish remover. Degreasing must be done without fail, otherwise the design will not last on your nails even for 1 day and will not fall flat.
Very important is the speed in the implementation of manicure. In any instructions for the implementation of water design is recommended to quickly drip varnish into the water. This rule should not be neglected. So that you can do everything quickly and carefully, before you start making the 1st pattern, prepare all the varnishes you want to use. Open the caps and place them in the order in which you drip onto the water.
Pour water into a cup or other container. Make a drop, wait until it spreads over the surface of the water, and then drip another color. Do not be distracted in the process of extraneous affairs. If you want to apply a pattern on pastel lacquer base, before making patterns on the water, paint your nails and dry them. They must be fully prepared.-
The choice of color palette for design is an important point. Sometimes the desired effect is not obtained due to the fact that the shades of varnish were chosen incorrectly. Do not take for aqua-manicure colors that differ from each other only by a couple of tones. This design looks beautiful with contrasting colors. The optimal number of shades from 3 to 5. Also do not use glitter in a transparent varnish for water manicure, they will not look beautiful. If you want to decorate your nails with sparkles and rhinestones, this can be done over the water pattern.
Be prepared for the fact that you need a lot of varnish. Do not save, immersing in a pattern on the water instead of the 1st nail a few. For water manicure, you can take inexpensive paints or those that are no longer used.
It also takes a lot of time, this manicure cannot be done in 30 minutes, on average it takes 1-1.5 hours for beginners.
There are also certain requirements for lacquers for water manicure. Do not use quick-drying and too thick varnishes. Old varnishes, diluted with acetone, are strictly prohibited to use, with them you will fail.
In many forums, you can read tips on how to make the varnish evenly spread on the water. In the water you need to pour a little liquid to remove varnishes, mix and leave to stand for 2 minutes. This method is effective and will help you fix the problem. The most important thing is not to add liquid or acetone too much. If you use a plastic cup as a water tank, put 5 drops of acetone into it.
How to make a water manicure in the violet range?
Prepare in advance such materials and tools:
- Water tank. The most optimal option - a disposable cup, it has a narrow neck, which will save varnish.
- Simple or distilled water at room temperature.
- 3-5 shades of lacquer, contrast and liquid. It is better to combine matte shades with pearl and those in which there are small spangles.
- 1 base shade of lacquer, it is best to choose white or pastel very light.
- Several toothpicks to perform patterns.
- Wand, which will remove residual varnish from the water.
- Fat cream, petroleum jelly or adhesive tape to protect the skin from varnish.
- Transparent glossy lacquer fixer.
Implementation of water design:
- Cover your nails with a base color. White color lacquer is best for violet colors. It helps the patterns look more vivid and expressive.
- Pour water into the glass almost to the edge, so it will be more convenient to work.
- Take the darkest lacquer and put it on the water in the center of the glass. Do not touch the water with a drop of varnish, it should fall to the surface. A drop can drown if this happens, continue on. When the varnish does not spread it can be assumed that it is too thick.
- When dark varnish spreads, drip light purple, and after it the lightest. Then the sequence can be repeated 3-4 times.
- With the help of a toothpick, begin to perform the pattern that you want. You can make a spiral, flowers or simple streaks in the form of stripes.
- Lubricate the skin around the nails with petroleum jelly or greasy cream or wrap with scotch tape.
- Sharply immerse 1 finger in the drawing and hold it for a couple of seconds in the water. Do not remove your finger from the water until you remove the varnish with a wooden stick.
- On the skin in any case will varnish. If you used the tape carefully, remove it and remove the varnish with cotton swabs or a thin brush dipped in nail polish remover. If used to protect the cream, simply remove the varnish with a cotton swab dipped in acetone.
- Do this procedure on each nail. When you finish making all the nails, the first is already dry. Cover it with 2 layers of fixative clear varnish and dry.
- If desired, you can decorate your nails with sparkles or rhinestones, as well as apply small drawings.
Water manicure: video
Water manicure allows you to make unique and unique patterns on the nails. Its implementation takes a lot of time, but the effect is amazing. This design is suitable for everyday look, and for the holiday. The main thing is to choose the right color scheme.