The skin is a protective layer of our body and the first to respond to external and internal stimuli. This reaction can manifest itself in the form of various rashes, warts, pimples, spots. You probably paid attention to the brown spots on the skin of people in old age? They are perceived by many as the age manifestation. But this is not entirely true: brown spots on the skin can appear at any age.
What are the brown spots on the skin?
Many people who are not contraindicated, love to soak up the rays of the summer sun, sunbathe. As a result of tanning, our skin becomes dark, as they say, a bronze shade. This is due to the exposure of the skin to ultraviolet radiation as a reaction to an external aggressive environment, as a result of which a dark-colored pigment substance, melanin, begins to be synthesized in skin cells.
It acts as a filter and retains up to 90% ultraviolet radiation, protecting subcutaneous tissue from solar radiation. The mechanism of melanin synthesis is not fully understood, but it is certain that the cells containing it are located throughout the body. So, if in some area an excess of melanin is produced, there are spots on the skin of brown color. In simple terms, these are common pigment spots, which do not pose any danger to us.
Causes of age spots
Of course, nothing happens in the body, everything has a cause, light brown spots on the skin are no exception. Such changes are also called hyperchromia, it can be congenital or acquired throughout life. The reasons for this phenomenon are varied:
- In pregnant women, impaired pigmentation can occur due to hormonal imbalance. Spots appear most often on the skin of the face and on the nose, they are called chloasms. They disappear without outside intervention after childbirth.
- If brown spots on the skin peel off, it can be caused by psoriasis - a fungal skin infection. The reason for this trouble can be a hormonal failure, excessive sweating or local focal infection. To check it out or not, these stains are smeared with iodine. In the case of multi-colored depriving they become more saturated brown.
- Sometimes pigment spots simply mean that you have freckles, and they come to light at the first rays of the bright spring sun. In the cold season freckles brighten and no longer stand out.
- Nevi or moles - congenital dark areas on the body. Sometimes they manifest in newborns, but more often with age at a more adult age. Such stains are not recommended to remove themselves, because they can not be damaged. Injured moles can degenerate into malignant melanoma.
- Pigment or liver spots that appear in middle age and in older people are called lentigo. These formations are somewhat larger than freckles, and do not darken under the influence of ultraviolet radiation. They appear in any part of the body and are a defect of a cosmetic nature. The cause of lentigo may be injury, excessive exposure to sunlight, prolonged use of certain drugs or contraceptives. They are bleachable with a hydroquinone containing cream.
How to get rid of dark spots?
Conventionally, methods of eliminating dark spots from the skin can be divided into two types:-
- the use of local exposure;
- treatment with hardware.
In the first case, peeling agents, ointments or creams, in which the active substances are represented by mercury constituents, can have an effective effect. The treatment with such agents is usually carried out in the evening after taking a cleansing water procedure. In the morning, the rest of the cream is washed off under a warm shower. Such funds must be used with caution so as not to cause an allergic reaction.
A good eliminating effect on pigment spots have such folk remedies:
- lemon juice;
- hydrogen peroxide;
- protein-acetic masks based on 6% table vinegar.
Hardware tools will help to get rid of unwanted spots on the skin much faster. Today, cosmetic services centers offer a variety of methods to restore skin to normal. These include:
- Removal of the surface layer of the epidermis together with pigment spots using deep cleaning with the use of chemically active substances.
- Instant exposure to low temperature using the properties of liquid nitrogen. After this procedure, the treated upper peel dies off after a few days, taking with it the spots.
- Ultra-modern laser treatment brightens and completely removes the pigment neoplasms on the skin. After laser therapy is contraindicated to take a tan and stay in the sun. Protect against UV exposure will help special creams with sunscreen properties.
- Impact on problem areas of the skin with a powerful light beam, which penetrates into the deep layers, stimulates the formation of collagen - the main structural protein of the skin.
After that, the skin rejuvenates, acquires elasticity and density. This procedure is called photorejuvenation.
Of course, dark pigment spots of beauty do not add, especially if they appear on the face. But it is not recommended to engage in their removal without prior consultation with a dermatologist. Only a doctor can prescribe adequate treatment, primarily aimed at eliminating the causes of the impaired pigmentation.