In every woman’s arsenal, there are recipes for treating hair with natural ingredients, such as mustard. It is an effective means to accelerate hair growth. The burning effect stimulates blood circulation, improving the supply of nutrients to the hair follicles.
Rules for the use of mustard hair mask
- Mustard mask follows spread only by roots, so that the rest of the hair does not overdry. After application, the scalp may burn slightly. Over time, if you apply it constantly, the burning sensation will become dull. Remember that the burning sensation should be tolerable, otherwise wash off the mask immediately. If the procedure brings discomfort, try to reduce the content of mustard powder in the mixture. If sugar is included in the recipe, it enhances the burning effect, exclude it.
- Before using a mustard mask, be sure to check your skin for an allergic reaction: Apply a little mustard to your wrist. If itching or redness appears, pick up a recipe for a firming mask for hair without mustard powder.
- Frequency of application depends on the type of hair. For oily hair is applied once a week, for dry hair - once every 2 weeks. When making a mask, use only mustard powder. Ready mustard is better not to use. Please note that in any recipe below, the word mustard means mustard powder.
- The powder is usually diluted with boiled water, unless another method is indicated in the recipe. Try to keep the water hot at 45 degrees. Water heated to more than 50 degrees produces harmful oils that have a negative effect on the hair and scalp.
- The mixture is applied to unwashed hair. When using a mustard based mask, lubricate the rest of your hair with any nutritious oil. This will protect the curls from drying out. After washing, rinse them with a decoction of chamomile or any herbal extract. Immediately do not comb, let dry naturally.
- Allergy sufferers and people with hypersensitive skin should stop using a mustard mask. This remedy is contraindicated in case of damage to the skin of the hands or head. Mustard masks are not suitable for blondes, because may give a greenish tint to light curls.
Mustard mask for hair growth
- Mustard hair mask with vitamin counts the most popular among women. To prepare the mask, take 2 tbsp. l mustard, 1 tbsp. l sugar (to enhance the burning effect), 1 tsp. castor and burdock oils, vitamin A, yolk, 2 tbsp. l warm water. Combine mustard, yolk and sugar. Then add liquid vitamin A (sold in a pharmacy) and heated oils. Mix all ingredients until smooth. While the mixture is warm, apply it to the hair roots. Then gently massaging movements rub and cover with polyethylene. For the first time, leave the composition for 20 minutes. Subsequently, you can increase the exposure time to an hour. To achieve visible results, use a mask at least once a week for 3 months.
- You can use different natural ingredients for masks based on mustard powder. To prepare a mask with starch, mix 1 tbsp. l mustard powder, 1 tbsp. l starch or wheat flour, 2 tbsp. l kefir, 2 tsp. lemon juice and 1 tsp. natural honey. The mixture is applied to the hair roots for 40 minutes.
- For a nutritional mask with weak hair, take 1 tbsp. l mustard powder, olive oil, 30% cream and mayonnaise. Rub the resulting mass into the hair roots and scalp, then hold for 40 minutes, covering with polyethylene.
- Mustard mask with tea can be prepared by mixing 1 tbsp. l mustard powder with 2 tbsp. l strong tea and egg yolk. The resulting composition is applied for 30 minutes.
It is best to choose a mask recipe based on the type of hair.-
- For dry hair. The composition of the nutritional mask includes 1 tbsp. l mustard, 1 tbsp. l natural honey, 1 yolk, 100 ml of yogurt, 1 tsp. almond oil and a few drops of rosemary oil. All ingredients are mixed until smooth. The mixture is rubbed into the hair roots, head covered with a plastic bag and incubated for 40 minutes.
- To prepare a moisturizing mask with aloe, use the following components: 1 tbsp. l Aloe, 2 raw yolks, 1 tbsp. l mustard powder. In the resulting mixture, add 2 tsp. heavy cream. Apply the prepared composition with massaging movements and leave for 20 minutes.
- For greasy hair. Take 2 tbsp. l blue clay powder, 1 tsp. dry mustard, dilute 2 tbsp. l apple cider vinegar, 1 tbsp. l infusion of arnica. Mix the mixture to a state of uniform mass, apply to the hair roots and cover with polyethylene. The exposure time of such a mask is 20 minutes.
- Well dried mustard powder diluted in warm water. Initially, this tool is recommended to apply to the hair roots for no more than 5 minutes. Subsequently, the minimum exposure time should be at least 15 minutes. The head should be covered with a plastic bag, which will enhance the thermal effect.
- For oily hair, a mask of rye bread is useful. In hot water, soak the pulp from 2 pieces of rye bread. In the resulting gruel, add dry mustard, any hair oil, natural honey for 1 tsp. and 1 yolk. This mask is recommended to withstand no more than 1.5 hours.
What will be the hair after applying a mustard mask?
Regular use of mustard powder will help grow hair several centimeters a month, strengthen and restore weak curls, prevent hair loss, cure dandruff and increase the volume. All this is due to the properties of mustard, which activates blood circulation in the scalp and improves the function of hair follicles. The disinfecting effect of mustard helps to cope with the fungus that causes dandruff. It is important to apply this remedy correctly and moderately to avoid dry hair and scalp.
Mustard powder - one of the most successful cosmetic hair care products to enhance growth. Masks with him must be applied regularly for several months, only then you will notice a tangible result. It will be especially impressive if you supplement your care with a vitamin intake and also adhere to a healthy lifestyle.