All girls, women love to flaunt in warm weather in dresses, shorts, skirts. For such open dresses you need to have perfectly smooth legs. Unfortunately, modern methods of hair removal are not always perfect, they often lead to the appearance of such a problem as ingrown hair.
After epilation, the skin surface becomes more coarse over time, the growing hairs cannot break through the thickened epidermis, as a result of which they begin to curl inward. That is how ingrown hairs appear. They look like black dots under the skin - this is not aesthetically pleasing, especially if the skin is thin and light. In addition, ingrown hair is accompanied by itching, skin inflammation and redness.
Does hair grow after hair removal?
Of course, after any kind of epilation, a problem such as ingrown hair may appear. If you have noted it in yourself, then first you need to try changing the type of epilation, first, for a while, refusing hair removal so that the skin can rest. If this does not help, it is better to contact a beautician. Perhaps he will advise you a more gentle type of procedure.
The most suitable for sensitive skin are:
- Electrolysis - this method allows you to safely remove hairs anywhere on the skin. This procedure is inexpensive, the effect of it will be visible immediately.
- Ointments and creams - in many salons, various sprays, creams and gels are often offered in the fight against ingrown hair. You can also use such means at home by purchasing them in a specialized shop beforehand.
- Laser hair removal allows you to remove deeply ingrown hair. The only drawback of the procedure is the rather high cost.
How to get rid of ingrown hair?
In addition to changing the method of hair removal, helps regular exfoliation of the skin with a tough washcloth, scrub, special gloves. As soon as you remove the keratinized layer of skin, the ingrown hairs will be closer to the surface, then they can be removed much easier.
There are a number of tips that will help you avoid hair ingrowth:-
- Before epilation, it is best to take a shower, the skin will be steamed, the hair will become soft and easy to remove.
- Before epilation, the skin needs to be thoroughly cleaned, since the sebum and dirt during the procedure can get into the hair follicles, eventually there will be inflammation.
- After epilating the skin, it is best to apply a cream that slows down hair growth.
- After epilation, the skin should rest, so do not immediately dress, let the body breathe.
The best folk remedy for ingrown hair: recipes
Salt solution. 0.5 tbsp. sea salt mix with 2 tsp. any base oil and moisturizer. Get a thick mass. This tool is applied to the skin and carefully pounded. Then after 5 minutes, wash off the scrub and towel dry the skin, apply a healing solution. For such a solution, dilute 100 g of salicylic alcohol with 50 g of calendula tincture. As soon as this remedy is absorbed, apply cream to the damaged skin.
Aspirin. Dissolve 2 aspirin tablets in 100 ml of water. With this solution, wipe the skin after body hair removal. Aspirin relieves irritation and inflammation. To stretch the hair shaft, mix glycerin with aspirin in equal shares. Apply this gruel on the problem area for 2 hours. As soon as the hair appears above the surface of the skin, remove it with tweezers.
Bodyaga and hydrogen peroxide. Hydrogen peroxide and bodyguard mix in equal proportions, apply the mixture to the skin with ingrown hairs for 15 minutes. During this procedure, you may experience burning and tingling. Keep the mixture for as long as it should be, but do not overdo it, otherwise you will burn yourself. Then rinse with plenty of cool water. After the procedure, the treated area should be lubricated with baby cream.
Ingrown hair is an unpleasant problem that anyone can face after epilation. To avoid it, you must follow simple rules and choose the type of hair removal that suits you.