When Meyer and Palmer first isolated hyaluronic acid in 1934, they did not suspect that this substance would become the subject of dreams for all women on the planet who want to preserve the beauty and youth of their skin.
Today, hyaluronic acid is one of the most famous and promising products in the cosmetic industry and cosmetology. It is included in many different anti-aging creams, is used in procedures, tightening and restoring skin tone.
What is hyaluronic acid?
The human skin is maintained in tone, preserving its elasticity and smoothness, with the help of collagen fibers, a special structural protein. Collagen is fixed by elastin. With the right combination of these elements, our skin shines with health and beauty. Hyaluronic acid - complex sugar molecule (polysaccharide), which fills the space between collagen and elastin molecules, keeping them in the desired position.
Hyaluronic acid keeps water in the skin, which, as you know, is the most important source of youth. Age, bad ecology, bad habits are the main causes of the destruction and slowing down of the synthesis of hyaluronic acid. As a result, the skin loses its elasticity, wrinkles appear, tissue regeneration deteriorates.
Hyaluronic acid is so versatile what is used in many branches of medicine: in the treatment of wounds and burns, for the restoration of cartilage tissue, in ophthalmology.
Hyaluronic acid: application in cosmetology
Hyaluronic acid is used in cosmetology as component of anti-aging creams for face and body or tool used in cosmetic procedures beauty salons in the form of injections.
The use of the cream is our usual way of skin care.Undoubtedly, it has a certain effect, especially when it contains active ingredients, such as hyaluronic acid. But, unfortunately, the substances included in conventional creams are not able to penetrate into the deeper layers of the skin. Accordingly, one should not expect magic results from them.
Fortunately, modern cosmetics manufacturers began to produce agents with low molecular weight compounds of hyaluronic acid. They can penetrate into the deeper layers of the skin through the surface of the epidermis.
Beauty salons offer their clients hyaluronic acid injection. The specialist calculates the required number of procedures and the concentration of the active substance for each injection. The tool is introduced directly into problem areas, eliminating problems such as wrinkles, sagging skin, deterioration of its overall tone. The result of a high-quality salon procedure, as they say, "on the face." The skin will delight you with beauty, moisture, freshness.. The effect of hyaluronic acid injections can be maintained for more than six months if it is maintained with the right care and led a healthy lifestyle.-
Contraindications to the use of hyaluronic acid
Remember that hyaluronic acid - it is above all medicine. For all its recognized effectiveness has many contraindications.
- Women who are expecting a baby and nursing mothers, It is best to refrain from using hyaluronic acid. Or use it only after consulting a specialist doctor!
- Inflammatory processes, diseases in an acute form- good reasons for not using hyaluronic acid treatments. The same applies to people. with bleeding disorders, infectious skin diseases, problems with connective tissue.
- Features of use and contraindications depend on the method of obtaining hyaluronic acid.In the case of using substances of animal origin increases probability of allergic reactions. In addition, the effect of the procedure may disappear within three months, which is associated with the accelerated elimination of the natural product from the body.
- Biosynthesized Hyaluronic Acid(it is most often used in cosmetology) is obtained in the process of vital activity of various microorganisms in the laboratory. The quality of the original product depends on the degree of its purification. from proteins and toxic impurities. Poorly purified substance can cause severe autoimmune diseases!
It is worth taking note that the use of hyaluronic acid can lead to negative consequences:
- If a You recently underwent deep peeling or laser resurfacing. faces that
- If a You are a smoker. The probability of hematoma formation at injection sites increases,
- If a You are taking anticoagulants (drugs that reduce blood clotting)
- If a you have individual intolerance hyaluronic acid.
After injection of hyaluronic acidpuffiness and redness may occur, in extreme cases - the appearance of scars in the area of injections. For some time after the procedures you will have to limit physical exertion and avoid direct exposure to ultraviolet rays.
Do not forget that Hyaluronic Acid Injection - Medical Procedure. It should be carried out only in licensed centers and clinics by qualified professionals!
Unlike injections, hyaluronic acid creams can be used with virtually no contraindications. The main thing is to buy certified funds in specialized stores of cosmetics.