There are a lot of opinions about the harm of nails. There are girls who believe that it is better to give preference to natural manicure. But what about those who have their nails exfoliated, and the lacquer quickly leaves? So you need to build up. For those who have already decided, one more question is relevant - how to remove extended nails at home?
Removal of artificial nails is sometimes necessary, especially in order to give the "family" a chance to rest and recuperate. This can be done in the cabin, but often we do not have enough time, money or anything else. And then the question arises: how to do it at home, on your own? Is this real and does it have its own secrets for safe deletion?
It is very important to know that spoiling natural nails is not an extension procedure, namely, their removal, during which, without good preparation, you can make big mistakes. The answer to the question of how to remove extended nails at home depends on the technology and type of artificial nail plate (acrylic, gel, etc.).
As with the procedure in the cabin, at home can not do without a minimum set of tools. The basic list includes:
- Manicure tweezers (it is convenient to attach the edge of the nail plate with them);
- nail files, at least two: one is tighter and wide, the other is less rigid and narrower;
- cloth napkins or thick cotton pads;
- acetone solution;
- brush (convenient to use to remove dust and control the process of cutting acrylic or gel).
When removing acrylic nails, it will be convenient to use foil (normal food). Also, special solutions can be used as consumables (the choice depends on the material of artificial marigolds), and safety glasses - goggles (but this is ideal).
The procedure for home removal of nails is not just their cutting and breaking off. This is a very difficult matter, which is to be approached as responsibly as possible, since the decision has been made to save money at a beauty salon. Specificity depends on the type of capacity.
How to remove acrylic nail extensions at home?
Here is a detailed description of the procedure.
- As a solvent, it is better to use a universal acryl remover -AcrilikRemover. If you do not have it at hand, and you need to eliminate your nails right now, then we use the usual nail polish remover (based on acetone) or acetone in its pure form. Then the subsequent restoration of "native" nails will become a necessary necessity.
- Cut out plates for each finger from food foil - 10 pieces with an optimal size of 10x15 mm. We take a thick file and cotton discs, put on glasses.
- Cut down the top, protruding part of the finishing plate with each finger. This is quite time-consuming and long work, because the material is quite durable. You need to be prepared for the fact that dust and small pieces will fly in all directions (that's why you need safety glasses). After the protective gel has been wiped off with unbelievable efforts and hard sawing, the layer of acrylic, which needs to be affected by the solvent, will be visible directly.
- We moisten cotton pads with solvent and apply them on nails, after which we wrap each finger in foil (as tightly as possible). The spectacle is amazing, but what can not be done for the sake of beauty! It is very important to firmly fix the fingers in the foil - there should not be any air there.
- We are waiting for 30-40 minutes. A nice bonus - there is time for a long-delayed viewing of your favorite series, a scientific program, for meditation or watching the stars. Hands should be in a free state. Do not try to touch anything, press the remote control button or remove scattered things. After the expiration of the term remove all unnecessary (first with one finger) - acrylic should take a jelly-like consistency. It is necessary to remove the remains immediately, as the substance quickly hardens. You can not remove the foil with a tampon at once with all your fingers, you need to do this in turn. At the end, wipe each finger with a swab moistened with a solvent - for perfect cleaning.
- At the last stage, wash your hands with soap, treat with a moisturizer.
Nails from biogel, which is positioned as a less harmful material, are removed in a similar way, but here you cannot do without professional solvents (acetone will not work).
How to remove gel nails at home?
Gel plates are kept very tightly, so the process of their removal is more complicated than in the case of acrylic. Stages:
- Cut down the top layer. Forces here need a lot - as well as patience. In the process you need to control the thickness, especially near the boundary between the natural and extended nail.
- In the middle of the process we change the file to a more abrasive. In order not to miss the moment and not to cut down your nail, you need to periodically moisten the surface with a swab with a solvent. We stop cutting at a distance of 2 mm from natural nails (let it remain a little gel).
- Using a nail file, we give our hands aesthetics, soak our nails with a fat cream (both a plate and a cuticle).
If the extension process included the use of both gel and acrylic, then you can not do without a salon. It is better not to take risks, because it is unlikely to succeed in quality.
How to remove the extension nails on the tips at home?
One of the varieties of gel building is tipsovoy. Tips are ready-made plates that are attached to the surface of natural nails with the help of a gel. Their use allows you to achieve a very neat result (often issued in the form of a jacket). The process of removal of tips is similar to the elimination of ordinary gel nails, but there are some features:
- for convenience, you can use special baths (for one finger or several), which are filled with a special solution and immerse your hands in the same 30-40 minutes;
- when removing tips it is better not to use acetone or its derivatives;
- An alternative to removing nail extension tips is to use only a cotton pad moistened with a solution. We place a nail into it and scroll with force until the coating is completely dissolved.
Recovery after the procedure
Any manipulation with the use of solvents can not affect the health of natural nails. Therefore, much attention should be paid to restorative care. Here are some useful options:
- professional remedies (firming creams, coatings, oils), each of which solves a specific problem (exfoliation, darkening, thinning);
- nutrition, taking a synthetic multivitamin (with sufficient calcium, vitamin B complex) and supplements (omega-3 or fish oil);
- Salon services: paraffin therapy, baths with medical compounds, "sealing";
- Baths of their own cooking (salt, oil, with the addition of iodine) also give an excellent effect with complex use.
If there is no serious damage, it is enough to cover the nails with a layer of fortified lacquer and give them time to self-repair.
It turns out, it is not necessary to visit the nail salon in order to remove artificial nails. You can do it yourself, but it is important to prepare everything you need, purchase a thinner, read the instructions describing how to remove extended nails at home effectively and safely. Good luck and beautiful handles to you!