The ear is one of the main organs of perception, because it perceives the sound signals of the surrounding world. If a person could not hear, then he could not even speak. Many people claim to know how to clean their ears. Allegedly, this should be done as often as possible, using cotton swabs moistened with hydrogen peroxide. But experts say that such a procedure only hurts.
Rules of the procedure
The ear, like other organs of the human body, has the ability to self-clean. Slow growth of the skin occurs inside the ear canal, while the old epithelium dies and advances to the outside. Thus, the ear is cleaned of germs, foreign substances and other unnecessary elements. A barrier to penetration into the ear canal of all the excess is formed there sulfur. It is secreted through the sebaceous and sulfur glands. How to clean the ears?
Nowadays cotton buds are sold in almost all pharmacies and stores. Most people buy them to clean their ears, but not everyone knows that they are intended for applying iodine or brilliant green, but not for the above-mentioned hygienic procedure! First of all, with a cotton swab it is possible to injure the eardrum, as well as damage the skin and bring infections through wounds, and this can lead to otitis. And also the ear plug can go too deep into the ear.
Also, you can not brush your ears with your fingers, it can cause external otitis. In this disease, severe pain, tinnitus, and soft tissue swelling are formed. In general, only the external auditory canal should be cleaned. The most ideal cleaning is washing while washing or in the shower. To do this, you should soap your finger with soap and hold it over the auricle, it is better to clean the soap with a clean finger.
But what to do in the case when the patient formed sulfur plugs? They occur only in those people whose passage of the auditory canal is very narrow. Symptoms of this disease are congestion in the ear, noise or resonance during a conversation. Only a doctor will be able to remove such a stopper; it is impossible to do this on your own, so you can injure your ear or provoke its inflammation. To get rid of excess sulfur in the ear, you should wet your ear, better in the shower, so sulfur itself will be washed out of it. Then wipe the surface with a dry, soft towel. You can also remove sulfur from your ear by shaking your head a little and then pulling it out with your finger or wand at the beginning of the ear canal.
You can sum up the intermediate result: you should clean your ears by washing the ear itself and the ear canal with plain water. The main thing is not to use sharp objects: matches, studs, toothpicks. Moreover, it is necessary to carry out the ear cleaning procedure about once every 3 days, carefully and carefully. To maintain normal microflora in the ear, it should be a little gray!
How to clean the ears baby?
- Many young parents face the problem of cleaning their newborn baby’s ears and don’t know how to do it right? So, first of all: it is better not to use cotton swabs for this, since in this way the child’s hearing aid can be damaged. It is better for this to take special cotton swabs soaked in water for children (they have a depth stop) or a piece of cotton wool twisted with a cord. Use of matches, toothpicks or other hard objects to clean the ears can injure your ear or even cause hearing loss.
- To clean the ears of crumbs from sulfur should as the last accumulate. If there are no pathologies, then she herself is brought to the edge of the ear. In this case, sulfur should be removed from the edge of the auricle or passage with a moistened swab. At the same time, one hand should be gently pulled back the child’s ear down and slightly back, and the other hand should gently wipe the surface.
- If sulfur is formed too deeply, then in order to remove it from there, you should immediately consult a otolaryngologist. At the same time, he will be able to show his parents how to properly clean the ears of a baby.
The healing properties of hydrogen peroxide
Ears are able to clean themselves, for example, when chewing, sneezing and coughing, impurities from them are removed independently. But this does not mean that they do not need to be cleaned extra. They should be periodically washed with special formulations. It is believed that hydrogen peroxide helps to perfectly clean the ears from pollution. By the way, with its use, human immunity is strengthened, the body is much easier to cope with infections and bacteria that attack it. Also, hydrogen peroxide is the prevention for many diseases of the ENT organs.-
How to clean your ears with hydrogen peroxide? Before using the ear cleaner, remember the basic rules:
- Do not use cotton buds in the cleaning process, they can injure the ears and even cause hearing loss;
- It is better to wash the ears after taking a shower, bath or washing; hydrogen peroxide can not be used to clean the ears more than 1 time per week;
- If there are problems with the ears, then they should not be cleaned with hydrogen peroxide; Hydrogen peroxide copes very well with sulfur plugs, but in some situations it is simply impossible to dissolve them with this tool and then you should consult a otolaryngologist;
- To wash your ears, the hydrogen peroxide solution must be weak, diluted with water.
To clean the ears with peroxide, you need: 3% hydrogen peroxide solution, cotton wool, a syringe or syringe. At first, peroxide should be diluted with water: for 1 tsp. water add 10-15 drops. In subsequent procedures, the dosage can be increased. The syringe or syringe should be dry and clean.
The syringe must be filled with room temperature peroxide, then tilted to the side so that the ear is almost horizontal. After that, the tip of the syringe should be brought to the ear canal and squeeze a few drops of the solution into it. When the peroxide reaches the pollution, it will hiss; the agent gives such a reaction when interacting with sulfur. After the hiss has passed, the head must be turned in the other direction so that excess water flows out.
If a patient has sulfur plugs or they are formed too often, then it is better not to carry out such cleaning, but to consult a doctor.
There is another way to clean the ears with hydrogen peroxide, more gentle. You can just soak the cotton in a solution of peroxide and water and lay her ears for a few minutes.
Ears - one of the main organs of perception in humans. That is why they should be carefully monitored, hygienic and properly cleaned. In case of even minor problems, it is necessary to urgently consult a doctor, because this can be fraught with hearing loss!