The best hair care products are those made with your own hands from simple and affordable ingredients. Purchased masks, perhaps, can improve the appearance, but this happens due to silicones and other harmful substances.
Natural ingredients nourish the roots and hair along the entire length. The effect of them is not as instant as that of branded masks, but the hair will be really healthy and beautiful.
One of the best natural ingredients to care for curls is the yolk of the egg..
Hair masks with yolk and their benefits
- Paradoxically, but the smaller the components in the mask, the better its effect on the hair. It is believed that the number of ingredients should not exceed more than 3-4, then each component in full force affects the hair. Therefore, folk remedies are so simple and effective.
- The benefit of chicken eggs for the scalp and hair was noticed in antiquity, while modern doctors only confirmed their great value for the health of our locks. Lecithin and amino acids contained in the yolk strengthen hair, prevent dandruff and loss, and vitamins A, B, E, potassium, magnesium and phosphorus contribute to the restoration of natural shine, elasticity and prevent loss.
- Egg yolk wash hair, rub it into the roots, make masks on the basis of it. Methods of application can be found many. In addition, you can use it as a kind of solvent, i.e. if you have a too thick mask that is difficult to apply, you can safely dilute it with yolk, it will only benefit from it.
- Several times a month will very helpful to wash your head with an egg instead of shampoo. To do this, beat 1 or 2 yolks (depending on the length of the hair), add 1-2 tablespoons of plain water or decoction of herbs and a few drops of shampoo. Pour a couple of drops of your favorite essential oil into the mixture. Apply the mixture on wet hair, rubbed for 3-4 minutes. Rinse with warm water and rinse hair with acidified water (with vinegar or lemon juice).
- remember, that for the manufacture of masks with yolk chicken egg should be home, necessarily fresh, only then the hair product will be really effective and give the hair all its beneficial components.
Hair masks with yolk: recipes
Yolk and oil for hair growth and strengthening
On 1 egg yolk add 1 tbsp. burdock, castor or olive oil. Add a few drops of the oil solution of vitamins A and E. Stir or beat. Carefully rub into the scalp and roots. Wrap up the film and cap. Hold for 1 hour.
Mask of yolk with olive oil against hair loss
Mix in a ratio of 1: 1 lemon juice, egg yolk and olive oil. Apply to the roots and the entire length of the hair, wrap and leave overnight. This tool may lighten the hair a little, so if you are afraid of washing off the color, use lemon juice instead of lemon juice, for example, pepper tincture, and in the morning, rinse hair with acidified water.
Mask with kefir and yolk for damaged and dyed hair
In 100 g of kefir add 1 yolk and 1 tbsp. juice grated on a fine grater onion, pour 1 tsp. castor oil mix. Apply to hair, wrap and hold for 40 minutes. Kefir perfectly discourages the smell of onions, but if you are afraid that he will not leave, add 3 more drops of ylang-ylang essential oil to the mixture.-
Firming mask with yolk, henna and nettle
0.5 tbsp. dry nettle leaves, mix with 3 tbsp. henna, pour boiling water and insist to a mushy state. Slightly cool, add 1 yolk. Rub into the scalp and distribute along the length. Insulate and leave for 2-2.5 hours.
Hair mask: honey and yolk
Masks with honey and yolk are widely used in cosmetology. Thanks to the lecithin contained in the yolk, hair is quickly restored, and honey perfectly nourishes and gives them shine and silkiness. With the help of these tools you can restore even the most damaged hair, as well as accelerate their growth. Making such masks is quite simple, and the effect of them is always amazing.
there is several recipes hair masks with honey and yolk.
- Mix 2 yolks with a mixer, add 2 tbsp. l honey and olive oil. Apply to hair, wrap and leave for 1 hour.
- On 1 yolk eggs need to take 1 tbsp. honey and brandy, mix with 2 tbsp. yogurt (without impurities and flavors). Apply to hair and hold for at least an hour. This mask perfectly copes with hair loss.
- For a start, blend 2 yolks of homemade eggs in a blender, and then pour in a thin stream of almond or olive oil, mix until a texture resembling mayonnaise is obtained. To the resulting mixture, add 1 tbsp. l honey and essential oils. If you wish, you can squeeze 2-3 cloves of garlic, it has a very good effect on the hair, but not everyone decides to use it because of the specific smell. Apply the mask to the hair and leave overnight. In the morning, wash your hair with shampoo and rinse with a decoction of herbs. This mask miraculously nourishes, moisturizes and strengthens the hair.
Chicken egg, and especially its yolk, has a large number of healing properties that hair needs. These are B vitamins (thiamine, riboflavin, pyridoxine), vitamin A, as well as potassium, sodium, magnesium, phosphorus, iron, calcium. That is why the yolk is found in many popular recipes, because our great-grandmothers also appreciated its extraordinary benefit, not only for the body, but also for the hair. In addition, these masks are very simple to make, they do not require a large number of ingredients.