Luxurious thick and shiny hair - the pride of every woman. But what if nature does not endowed with such beauty, and instead of chic curls dull and greasy hair? Today we will tell you how to deal with this problem. So oily hair - what to do at home?
Oily hair: causes
Before you run to the pharmacy or store for oily hair care products, you need to deal with the root cause and fix the problem. Our hair is very sensitive to all changes in the body. And although oily hair is not a symptom of any disease, their appearance usually tells the hostess that it is time to change your lifestyle.
So, hair can become greasy for such reasons as:
- Age-related changes in the body. During puberty and hormonal adjustment of the body, hair may well become oily, but usually after the establishment of the menstrual cycle and growing up, this problem disappears on its own.
- Violation of hormonal background. Hormones in the body of a woman - a very thin and sensitive structure. Various stresses, malfunctions of the thyroid gland, improper diet, hormonal pills, pregnancy and menopause can change the structure of the hair, and, consequently, lead to their fat content.
- Incorrectly chosen hair care products, the effects of chemical perm and permanent dyeing.
- The strengthened work of sebaceous glands. It often occurs due to the constant exposure of hot air to hair, frequent scratching, prolonged wearing of hats, and washing the head with too hot water.
What to do if oily hair: tips trichologist
Oily hair requires increased attention. In order for your hair to always be beautiful and well-groomed, trichologists advise you to follow simple rules for hair care:
- Select hair care products that match your skin type. It is best if such ingredients are included in the shampoo: seaweed, aloe, chamomile, sage, mint, vitamins C and B, proteins. It is also desirable that the conditioner and hair balm be the same brand with shampoo.
- Eliminate permanent effects on the scalp. Try to wear hats, caps and scarves as rarely as possible, it is not recommended to massage the head, comb your hair only when necessary.
- Eat right. Enrich your diet with fresh vegetables and fruits, eat less fatty, sweet and fried foods. For prevention, you can drink a special complex of vitamins sold in a pharmacy.
- Hot air has a very strong effect on sebaceous excretions. Try to use the hairdryer as little as possible. Make a stream of air warm or cool, make sure that the dryer blows on the ends of the hair without touching the roots.
- After each shampooing, apply a homemade rinse of herbs. Very good cope with problematic hair will help infusions of nettle, burdock, sage, henna, calendula, parsley, etc.
In more complex cases, when oily hair is a symptom of the disease, you may need the help of a dermatologist and endocrinologist.
Care for oily hair at home: recipes
As an integrated treatment of oily hair, a large role is played by traditional medicine and home care.
Mask with white clay and kefir
What to do if hair is greasy at the roots? Of course, make a herbal mask. It will help strengthen the roots and preserve the freshness of the hair for a long time.
- 2 tbsp. l white clay;
- 4 tbsp. l kefir;
- Bell pepper.
Preparation and use:-
- Sweet pepper to wash and get rid of the core and seeds, and then rub.
- To the resulting slurry, add kefir and clay. Mix well until smooth.
- The resulting mixture should be applied to the roots of dry hair for half an hour before washing.
Herbal Hair Conditioner
This versatile conditioner can be used as a healing lotion for hair roots. Its long-term use eliminates oily shine, relieves dandruff and strengthens hair.
- 2 tsp. dried coltsfoot;
- 2 tsp. dried nettle;
- 2 tsp. dried plantain;
- 2 tsp. Hypericum;
- 2 liters of water.
Preparation and use:-
- Mix all the herbs together and pour 2 liters of boiling water.
- Cover with a lid and let it stand, enough will take 30 minutes.
- Strain the liquid through 2 layers of gauze or a very fine sieve.
Infusion can be used as a conditioner after shampooing. Also, this collection of herbs can serve as an excellent lotion for the scalp. To do this, you need to daily rub a small amount of fluid into the skin.
Herbal balm against greasy hair
The balm prepared on natural herbs is much more useful and more effective than its store counterparts. After a week of use, you will notice a significant difference, and your hair will become fluffy and shiny for a long time.
- 1 tbsp. l pharmacy chamomile;
- 1 tbsp. l Hypericum herbs;
- 1 tbsp. l dried nettle;
- 1 tbsp. l birch leaves and buds;
- ½ tbsp. olive or burdock oil;
- 1 fresh lemon.
Preparation and use:-
- A glass jar or a bottle with a small lid is ideal for making balm.
- Squeeze lemon juice into separate dishes.
- Add olive oil, chamomile, St. John's wort, nettle and birch leaves to the prepared container. Pour fresh juice and mix well.
- Clean in a dark cool place for 7 days.
- Strain the finished balsam through several layers of gauze or a fine sieve.
- It should be applied to the entire length of hair, departing from the roots by about 10 cm. After 30 minutes, rinse with warm water.
Proper care will help you cope with the problem of oily hair and maintain the image of a beautiful and attractive woman. Take care of yourself and be beautiful!