Epilation with wax or, as it is also called, waxing is one of the most popular and effective procedures for removing unwanted hair. Already in ancient Egypt, girls got rid of the vegetation on the body with the help of this product. Modern wax is an advanced cosmetic product that, due to special additives, acts very gently. To use this procedure, it is not necessary to contact a beautician, it is enough to know the sequence and stock up with everything necessary.
How to wax waxing?
Before epilating for the first time, do an allergy test. To do this, apply wax on a small area of skin and leave for 10 - 15 minutes.
Lay out the strips for removal and a set of applicators on a clean napkin. Then thoroughly wash and treat the skin with a disinfectant. Powder the work area with baby powder without fragrances so that the wax does not slide off the hairs. According to the instructions, heat the composition to the consistency of liquid honey (optimum temperature of 38-42 degrees). Before applying the wax, check its temperature. Apply with a spatula to a small part of the skin in the direction of hair growth. From above, press a special strip for epilation of fabric or paper. When the wax hardens, sharply pull the strip against the growth of hair, while holding the skin with the other hand.
It is not possible to repeat epilation on the same site on the same day, therefore, unreleased hairs will have to be pulled out with tweezers or shaved with a razor.
After the procedure, you must completely remove the wax from the skin, but you can not use soap and washcloth. Take advantage of a special cosmetic napkin. When you finish hair removal, treat the areas with a disinfectant. To soothe and soften the skin, apply lotion, cream or oil. It is recommended to treat the dermis with a means to slow hair growth to prevent subsequent growth.
For at least 6 hours after waxing, eliminate water treatments and stay in the open sun.
Thus, you can do the procedure on any site, even bikini hair removal. True to the latter will have to adapt.
- Availability, speed and efficiency;
- Ease of holding at home;
- Suitable for all hair types;
- Gives a lasting effect. With regular use, the hairs become thinner, softer, density and growth decrease;
- When properly performed, waxing does not cause any complications.
Disadvantages of the procedure
- Soreness, especially acutely felt by people with low pain thresholds;
- In the process of hair removal, all hairs are removed, even downy, which can eventually grow into tough, dark and long;
- Waxing is not suitable for removing very short hair, so you will have to grow ihdo of a suitable length;
- As a rule, red spots remain on the place of epilation, which completely disappear only after 2 - 3 days.
We study the contraindications
- Diseases or skin lesions, rashes, warts, moles, herpes, etc .;
- Individual intolerance to the components (allergy);
- Diabetes, infectious diseases;
- Varicose disease (when waxing hot wax).
Types of wax for hair removal
Hot wax - requires special control over the temperature and time of exposure. This wax is intended for reusable use. It is not recommended to use at home and is strictly contraindicated for people with increased swelling.
Cold wax is the least effective, most durable and painful type of epilation. It is not recommended to be used for hair removal in delicate areas, such as the armpits, face and bikini.
Warm wax is ideal for home epilation. It includes pine resin and a natural softener (honey or wax). Often this wax is supplemented with a skin softening and skin soothing additive.
Reviews of women:
- Angelina: I didn’t decide on waxing for a long time, but on the advice of my friends I decided to try the procedure myself. I can’t say anything bad, the only thing is that for the first time, well, it hurts a lot. In general, I am pleased and I will not return to the razor again!
- Catherine: Wax hair removal done at home, she herself for over three years. Sick, of course, but the effect is worth it. Legs stay perfectly smooth for 1 - 2 weeks, and the hair began to grow less. I advise everyone!
- Daria: For a long time I used waxing on my hair. I have a rather high pain threshold, so I don’t feel pain as such. In general, I perform the procedure at home regularly, using purchased wax in jars. After the procedure, I treat the skin with a special agent.
Waxing is a popular type of unwanted hair removal that has been known since ancient times. Currently, you can easily purchase the necessary components in stores for hair removal at home or contact the beauty salon.